Edinburgh Marine is an accredited Crewsaver, Spinlock, and Baltic lifejacket Service Centre and is able to service single chamber lifejackets. The manufacturers ensure that the technicians who are approved to service their lifejackets are trained to the highest standards, and the approved service centres are equipped and set up with the latest industry leading test tooling.
Most manufacturers recommend that lifejackets used for leisure purposes are professionally serviced bi annually, and anyone who is using a lifejacket for commercial purposes must have it serviced on an annual basis or even more regularly if subject to heavy usage or wear.
What is included in a lifejacket service?
All lifejackets serviced at Edinburgh Marine will be subjected to a rigorous inspection by a fully qualified technician to ensure that it will work as designed in an emergency scenario. The standard service procedure will include:
– Initial lifejacket inspection to check for visible wear and tear or non serviceable items
– All components will be stripped down, and seals, valves, and other hidden components will be tested and replaced if worn or perished
– A pressure test will be applied to the bladder to ensure that it will hold its pressure for a period of time
– General observations will be noted, such as manufacturer advisory notices or service bulletins that will improve the way in which your lifejacket will operate
– The lifejacket will be repacked carefully to ensure that it will activate in the event of an emergency
– A detailed test report will be completed by the technician and kept by the centre and you will receive a notification when it is due its next service.
A standard Lifejacket service will costs £25 +VAT, and this will include the general checks, the pressure test, and the completion of all reports and certification (if applicable). If there are any items that are defective or expired then these will be replaced as part of the process and the items will be added to the final invoice. Lifejackets need to be reasonably clean to enter the workshop so if cleaning is required then this will also be added onto the invoice.
If your lifejacket fails during the service then we can replace it for you and deduct the cost of the service from the price a new jacket. If this happens we will be in touch to discuss the various options.
For Trade customers and bulk service enquiries then discounts may apply, so please contact us for a quote.
Booking your Lifejacket in for a service
To book your lifejacket in for a service then you can either:
– Drop the lifejacket into the Edinburgh Marine Office in person. No appointment is needed, and we will take some details from you and then book it into the workshop.
– Courier or post it into the Edinburgh Marine Office with a cover letter identifying your name and contact details. When we receive it we will process the details and when the service is complete we can then courier the lifejacket back them back to you.
For any commercial customers, or for any leisure customer who has multiple lifejackets that need servicing then you can contact us for a more detailed quote. Just use the enquiry form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Lifejacket maintenance and aftercare
Lifejackets have changed over the years and modern lifejackets have many components that require a little more care and attention than in the past. If you are interested in learning a little more about how to care for, maintain, and store your lifejacket so that it performs its job perfectly each time then please ask to speak to one of our technicians.
Request for lifejacket service quote or information